October 4, 2022
LANCASTER, Texas -- The Lancaster ISD Student Services Department will begin its Tiger Village outreach program to help parents get involved and stay informed. Tiger Village will help parents partner with their school district and remain integral to bridging the gap between home and school.
"Our responsibility on the district side of Tiger Village is to empower parents and keep them informed about different topics relevant to their student's success," said Eleanor Webb, Director of Counseling and Family Engagement.
The Tiger Village will also provide parents with information about opportunities to get involved at the district level or on their child's campus. It's a partnership between Lancaster ISD, parents, and the community to benefit all K-12 Lancaster students.
"In a sense, we're getting back to becoming a village and recognizing that it takes more than just parents and teachers to support students. It takes all of us collectively working together," said Dorothy Cooper, Student Support Specialist. "Over the years, it got to a point where there was little communication between parents and teachers, and we want to bring that bond back together.
The goals of Tiger Village are to make it easier for parents to be aware of available resources and to help parents have a more active role in their child's education.
"Tiger Village is going to be a valuable resource for our parents since it provides them with an additional way of connecting to the teachers, counselors, and campuses," said Cooper.
Each month, Tiger Village will share an informational video on the Lancaster ISD YouTube channel, providing facts, information, resources, and more. In addition, there will be an interactive parent workshop every six weeks where parents can connect with counselors or the Student Services department in person.
"The workshops are tailored to empower Lancaster ISD parents with knowledge and skills to boost academic success," said Webb.
Click here to view the Tiger Village introduction video.
Click here to register for the Parent Engagement Workshops.
Parent & Family Engagement Topics 2022 -2023
- September 2022 - Introduction to Tiger Village
- October 2022 - Red Ribbon Week/Bullying (Drug Awareness) & How to have a successful school year
- November 2022 - College and Career Readiness
- December 2022 - STAAR Testing Study Skills
- January 2023 - See Something, Say Something
- February 2023 - Random Acts of Kindness & Healthy Relationships
- March 2023 - Understanding STAAR
Parent Engagement Workshops
- October 25, 2022 - How to monitor your student’s grades
- January 24, 2023 - Graduation Requirement updates
- February 28, 2023 - Creating Healthy Routines
- March 28, 2023 - Summer Learning opportunities