- LISD is about 900 employees strong
- Lancaster now offers Spanish and Mandarin Chinese for Gifted and Talented Students.
- Lancaster ISD has earned 168 TEA campus academic distinctions and one district distinction in the past seven years.
- The district holds a B rating; this includes 38 academic distinctions with 100% of campuses meeting or exceeding standards and a coveted District Distinction in Post-Secondary Readiness.
- Lancaster made history as the first district in Texas to establish the Dollars for College Savings Plan. The plan will allow parents to enroll their students, beginning in kindergarten. This is just one of the many ways our district supports post-secondary success.
- Lancaster ISD was the first K-12 STEM district in the state of Texas. Since then, we have continuously advanced by creating a pipeline to area colleges and universities for STEM majors and careers.
- We offer several opportunities for college credit including Advanced Placement courses with the opportunity to earn college credit upon passing the Advanced Placement exam and dual credit courses.
- With the addition of Lancaster STEM Early College High School, students take high school and college courses simultaneously allowing them to graduate with an associate’s degree.
- The district boasts a wide range of Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs in which students can obtain certifications including Audio/Visual Technology and Communications, Engineering, Health Science, and STEM and Transportation.
- Students can obtain eleven TEA A-F Industry Certifications through our CTE programs.
- 58 students obtained certifications for the 2018-2019 school year.
- 75 percent of our students are enrolled in CTE courses.
- Track and Field Coach Beverly D.Humphrey was named the Most Winningest Coach in UIL History.
- The district has one of the top high school track programs in Texas, with the Lady Tigers Track and Field Team currently holding the title of 2019 UIL 14-5A State Champions.
- The Lady Tigers Track and Field Team boasts 32 State Relay Championships, 31 District Championships, seven Area Championships, 16 Regional Championships.
- The Lady Tigers hold an exceptional tradition winning twelve consistent UIL titles beginning in 2001.
- Lancaster boys track team has earned 7 straight UIL Track Titles.
- The football team advanced to the 4A/D2 UIL State Championship in 2012.
- The football team was awarded Bi-District Champions in 2019.
- Two boys basketball teams won the 5-A UIL State Championship in 2015 and 2016.
- Tiger Jazz Orchestra received an excellent rating at the Temple Jazz Festival.
- Twenty-eight band students advanced to UIL State Solo Ensemble at The University of Texas and three students received Division 1 Superior Rating and six Students received Division 2 Excellent Rating.
- Twenty band students received a Division 1 Superior Rating at Regional Solo Ensemble.
- Five choir students have gained entry into the TMEA Region XX Honor Choirs.
- Four choir students received (I) Superior Ratings and advanced to UIL State Competition
- Three choir students received (II) Superior Ratings at UIL State Solo and Ensemble competition at The University of Texas at Austin.
- Theatre students received several awards for the UIL One-Act Play district competition including Honor Crew Awards.