2017-2018 District Improvement Plan
The Lancaster Independent District Improvement Plan (DIP) is prepared in accordance with requirements of Chapter 11, Subchapter F, of the Texas Education Code, specifically § 11.252. The requirements are also contained in District policies BQ (Legal) and BQA (Legal).
The District shall have a District Improvement Plan that is developed, evaluated, and revised annually, in accordance with District policy, by the Superintendent with the assistance of the District-level committee established under Section 11.251. The purpose of the District Improvement Plan is to guide District and campus staff in the improvement of student performance for all student groups in order to attain state standards in respect to the academic excellence indicators adopted under Section 39.051.
By statue, the DIP is required to include the following components:
- Comprehensive needs assessment Measurable District performance objectives Strategies for improvement of student performance
- Strategies for providing secondary students with information on higher education preparation and opportunities
- Description of resources needed to implement identified strategies
- Description of staff responsible for overseeing accomplishment of each strategy
- Timelines for implementation of each strategy
- Formative evaluation criteria
In addition to meeting statutory requirements, the current DIP aligns with the established Board Goals. The DIP is data driven and result-oriented. It identifies specific areas of weaknesses and strengths in student achievement. The DIP and the campus plans are “living” documents that are reviewed and revised throughout the school year to address District and Campus needs.