Attached is the dress code information that every student in the Lancaster Independent School District must abide by. We ask that all students and parents be familiar with the dress code guidelines and abide by these guidelines. We want to thank all our parents for assistance in ensuring their children are ready and prepared for learning all day, every day.
Dress Code and Grooming
Lancaster ISD’s dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, instill discipline, prevent disruption, avoid safety hazards, and teach respect for authority. All students are expected to exemplify proper dress and grooming standards in a manner that portrays an appropriate image for the student and the school.
Dress code standards will be distributed and discussed in each school. Contact the school principal for dress code standards. Returning students and students new to the District in Pre-K – 12th grades are expected to be uniform compliant by the 2nd day they are in school.
The school district reserves the right to establish rules during the year regarding new fashions in dress including the banning of certain articles of clothing adopted by gang-related youth as icons of identification.
The following are in effect during school and at all school related functions, on or off campus:
1. All gang related grooming is prohibited.
2. The District prohibits pictures, emblems or writings on clothing that are lewd, offensive, vulgar, obscene, or that advertises or depicts tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or any other substance prohibited under policy FNCF. The District also prohibits any clothing or grooming that in the principal’s judgment may cause disruption of, or interfere with, normal school operations.
•Hairstyles, in general, are expected to be clean, neat, and in good taste.
•Designs in hair are acceptable if the design is not distracting and/or is free from words, symbols or pictures which are generally interpreted as obscene or objectionable in nature or depict violence or nudity, or which display logos of alcohol, tobacco or illegal substances.
•All facial hair is to be clean and neatly trimmed.
•Beads in hair are allowed, but they must not cause disruption.
4. Ear adornments of any kind are unacceptable for young men (including but not limited to, earrings, straw, Band-Aids, strings, plastic, threads). Female students – only pierced items allowed on body are earrings in the ears. Two adornments allowed per ear.
5. Facial/body adornments are unacceptable for anyone.
6. No visible body art is allowed that is inappropriate or offensive (refer to item #2 above).
7. Blouses must ensure that no cleavage is showing.
8. Pants are to be worn no lower than the hipbone (with belt).
9. Pants are to be worn no lower than the hipbone (with belt).
10. Shirts open below the second button are unacceptable.