Lancaster ISD is dedicated to providing a safe and secure learning environment for all students on a daily basis. We take every opportunity to learn from events and operate daily with a level of vigilance as we work to maintain a safe and secure environment for our students and staff.
The following are some of our current procedures and safety protocols in place. We will continue to provide an environment that is as safe and secure as possible:
- Every campus has a security vestibule that limits access to the building.
- Every campus is equipped with multiple security cameras.
- Every campus has a crisis management team, which works closely with the District safety and security team to ensure that effective safety measures are in place.
- Every campus conducts emergency drills to practice responses to a variety of scenarios including fire, lockdown, evacuations and shelter-in-place.
- Lancaster ISD has a visitor registry plan that requires all visitors to check-in and show identification at the front desk prior to having access to the building. All employees and secondary students are required to wear identification badges while on district property.
- Our district has a Police Department that monitors each campus and quickly responds to emergencies.