Telehealth Brings Healthcare to Lancaster ISD
Through a partnership with Children Health (formerly Children's Medical Center) the Lancaster Independent School District has installed Telehealth devices in the nurse offices on all district campuses. This will allow a more immediate approach to providing health services to students without a physical visit to a physician.
A Telehealth consult will consist of:
- Contacting the parent with appointment information and invited to participate, not necessary
- The school nurse and pediatrician will conduct the exam by using a computer and video technology.
- Treating conditions such as fevers, ear aches, pinkeye, rashes or skin irritations, coughs and colds
- The pediatrician will call in a prescription to the chosen pharmacy, if necessary.
- An After-Visit Summary will be provided to the parent.
- Download or pick up an enrollment form from the school nurse and complete it today!
Please view and complete the PDF below to consent to your child's usage of this district service offering and view the video to learn more about this partnership.
- Learn more about the Telehealth Partnership (English)
- Learn more about the Telehealth Partnership (Spanish)
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact you student's campus nurse or Lancaster ISD Lead RN, Nurse Karleen Watson at 972-218-1800 or KarleenWatson@LancasterISD.org.To register your student for Telehealth Services please follow the link below: