- Lancaster ISD offers free half-day PreK3, in either an AM or PM session, for eligible students who are age 3 on or before September 1st of the current school year.
- For a small fee, parents/guardians can elect for their enrolled PreK3 student to attend the other half of the day in order to provide students with an all-day PreK3 experience. The cost of full-day PreK3 is $52 per week; payment is due at least one week in advance and must be paid online through the parent self-serve portal. Students will be withdrawn from the paid half of the school day if payment is delinquent.
- Lancaster ISD offers free full-day PreK4 for eligible students who are age 4 on or before September 1st of the current school year.
- Lancaster ISD also offers a Head Start option for our 4-year-old students through a partnership with Head Start Greater Dallas. Our Head Start Program is designed to help eligible 4-year-old children and families of Lancaster ISD with high quality educational, nutritional, medical, dental, mental health, disability, and other services through strong partnerships that promote success through school readiness and family strengthening.
- Students must meet the eligibility requirements for Lancaster ISD PreK and/or Head Start before enrolling in the district’s Head Start program.
Head Start Eligibility RequirementsYour child must be 4 years old on or before September 1st of the current school year ANDYour child must be:
- Income eligible OR
- Homeless OR
- Currently receiving TANF or SSI benefits, OR
- Your child may have a special need/disability diagnosed by the Lancaster ISD Special Education Department
To be eligible for enrollment in a Lancaster ISD PreK class, a child must be 3 or 4 years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year and must meet one of the following requirements:
1. be unable to speak and comprehend the English language; OR
2. be educationally disadvantaged (qualify through the National School Lunch Program) OR
3. be homeless; (7.2.3 PK Eligibility Based on Being Educationally Disadvantaged (Eligible for the NSLP); or (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program [NSLP]); OR
4. be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; OR
5. be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; OR
6. have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) (Foster Care) following an adversary hearing, OR
7. is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; OR
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; OR
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
Pre-K Registration Required Documents:
Please bring the following documents to registration:
- Child’s Birth Certificate (must be certified copy)
- Child’s Social Security Card
- Child’s Current Immunization Records
- Proof of Residency (current Utility Bill: water, gas, or electricity only)
- Proof of Income (current 1040 Tax Return or other verification)
- Driver’s License or Photo ID
- Military Documentation, if applicable (PreK only)
Once a student is determined to be eligible for PreK, the student remains eligible for the remainder of the current school year in the district in which he or she resides.
Contact your campus principal, email EarlyChildhood@LancasterISD.org, or call (972) 218-1400 for more information.