Social Media Guidelines
Social Media Commenting Guidelines
The purpose of the Lancaster Independent School District’s Social Media pages is to facilitate an ongoing dialogue on education issues. We encourage your comments, ideas, and concerns as they are important to ensure that a broad range of community members are active and informed participants in discussions.
Lancaster ISD reserves the right to modify this policy at any time and expressly reserves the right to remove comments from its pages. Lancaster ISD retains the right to remove or not remove comments. In addition, we expect that participants will treat each other, as well as our district, our employees, and our students, with respect. We will remove comments if they fall into the following categories:
- contain vulgar or abusive language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups
- promote services or products (non-commercial links that are relevant to the blog post or comment are acceptable)
- are clearly “off-topic,” or “spam”
- make unsupported accusations
- reference employees or students by name.
We will not edit comments to remove objectionable content, so please ensure that your comments contain none of the above.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information, such as a Social Security number, addresses, phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment.
Questions you post for Lancaster ISD may not always be answered on the social media page. If you have a question for us, please contact 972-218-1463 or email info@LancasterISD.org.