The Role of the School Registrar
The duties of the school registrar are as follows:
- Maintains and respects the confidentiality of student and school personnel information;
- Maintains files and records; assists teachers, parents, and students;
- Prepares cumulative records,
- Registers new students/withdraw students.
- Enters data for new and previous students;
- Updates demographic data in the computer database;
- Requests records, as needed;
- Maintains records and generates reports, as requested
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
- Complies with and supports school and division regulations and policies;
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.