Maintenance and Grounds
Under the supervision and guidance of the Maintenance and Grounds Supervisor,
the maintenance unit of the Maintenance and Grounds Department is responsible for:
1. The maintenance and repair of schools and support buildings including the buidling
structure itself (walls, flooring, roofing, ect.) and the building's mechanical, eletrical,
plumbing, and alarm systems. With assistance from the grounds unit, the
maintenance unit is responsible for moving furniture and equipment between
buildings/schools when school is in session.
2. The development and performing the required activities of the districts Preventative
3. Overseeing and implementing all capital projects in the district's approved Capital
4. Developing and implementing energy resource strategies that increase conservation
awareness from students, staff, and community, thereby minimizing total energy
costs and allowing funds to be redirected to the educational needs of our students
Under the supervision and gudiance of the Maintenance and Grounds Supervisor, the
grounds unit of the Maintenance and Grounds Department is responsible for:
1. Maintenance of schools, support buildings, athletic facilities, and grounds of other property
owned by the District, including mowing, trimming, pruning, irrigation, fertilization, pest control,
playground inspections and maintenance, trash removal and site inspections.
2. With assistance from the Maintenance unit, the Grounds department is responsible for moving
furniture and equiptment between buildings/schools when school is in session.