In partnership with the local governments and health officials, the Lancaster Independent School District is committed to our parents, students, employees, and community during and after the COVID-19 recovery period.
What you can expect from us:
- Continued safe sanitation and safety practices.
- All custodial employees have earned a certificate in COVID-19 Disease Mitigation.
- All employees will pass a health check prior to their shift.
- All employees will always wear gloves and face coverings.
- We will clean and disinfect all high contact areas and surfaces hourly.
- We will deep clean and disinfect all classrooms and offices daily.
- Classrooms and cafeterias will comply with social distancing guidelines as much as possible given
- Restrooms will be cleaned hourly.
- We will work with principals and key administrators to keep a safe and clean environment.
- We will daily monitor and resupply all classrooms and offices with cleaning products as needed.
- Hand sanitizers will be readily available to students and employees.
- We will operate under a zero-tolerance policy for infractions of any of these promises during and
after the COVID-19 recovery period.
1. Each classroom, office, and restroom will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
2. High touch surfaces (tables tops, door handles, ect.) will be disinfected daily and
3. Heavy duty disposable paper towels will be in each classroom and common area to
maximize room to room cleanliness.
4. Custodians will wear masks and gloves during working hours. Gloves will be changed
frequently to maximize cleanliness.
5. Campus cafeteria will be cleaned between lunch periods and will be disinfected daily.
6. Custodians will assist in cleaning and removing trash from classrooms used to eat breakfast
7. During breaks in instructions, staff will use disinfectant wipes to sanitize working surfaces and
8. All commodes and urinals will be cleaned and flushed throughtout the day.
9. Custodians will maintain, in each office and classroom, a supply of hand sanitizer, wipes,
disposable paper towels and other cleaning supplies furnished by the district.
10. Assist teachers and staff as needed to maintain a healthy and clean environment.
Additional Morning Custodians ( 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.):
1. 6:00 a.m.: Turn on lights, refill hand sanitizer in offices and classrooms, get trash bags ready
in classrooms for teachers to use during the day ( including for breakfast and lunch). (6:00 a.m.)
2. 8:30 a.m.: Clean class, disifectant door handles and other high touch surfaces,
clean and disinfect restrooms.
3. 9:00 a.m.: Collect trash from breakfast, clean and disinfect restrooms, disinfect stair handles.
4. 10:00 a.m.: Lunch
5: 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Disinfect door handles and other high touch areas and
collect trash from lunch.
6. 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.: Belt Line Elementary only. Clean PreK classrooms that have a mid-day
Additional Mid-Day Custodians (10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.):
1. 10:00 a.m.: Clean and disinfect restrooms.
2. 10:30 a.m.: - Noon: Dispose of trash from lunch. Clean cafeteria or classroom eating areas.
3. 12:00 p.m.: Clean and disinfect restroom.
4. 1:00 p.m. - 2:00p.m.: Dispose of trash from lunch. Clean cafeteria or classroom eating areas.
5. 2:00 p.m - 2:30 p.m.: Lunch
6. 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Assist with dismissal of school and general cleaning.
7. 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.: Clean and disinfect assigned areas.
Additional Night Custodians (2:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.):
1. 2:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.: Clean and disinfect assigned areas ( clean classrooms, disinfect,
sweep and mop, vacuum carpets areas, clean restroom toilets and urinals,
clean sinks, and mirrors.
2. 6:30 - 7:00 p.m.: Lunch
3. 7:30 - 11:00 p.m.: Clean and disinfect assigned areas (clean classrooms, disinfect, sweep and
mop, vacuum carpet areas, clean restroom toilets and urinals,clean sinks, and mirrors.
4. Note: During each cleaning period, classrooms and offices are disinfected with misting
machines using Clorox 360, e-mist or Victory electrostatic machines.
If you have questions or concerns please reach out to our custodial department personel listed below:
Amelia Retana- Custodial Manager: (214) 918-2119
Stuart Thompson- Night Custodial Supervisor: (214) 794-0672