Coronavirus Information for Lancaster ISD Families
Lancaster ISD COVID-19 Screener for Students
Parents should screen their children daily for COVID-19 symptoms before sending them to school. Click here for the student screener.
Lancaster ISD monitors Coronavirus (COVID-19), following guidance of local health officials
Lancaster ISD follows the guidance and expertise of national and local health officials to help protect our students and staff from all communicable diseases. The District is aware that The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. Families are encouraged to visit the CDC website for more information and travel guidance regarding the Coronavirus.
Please be assured that Lancaster ISD will continue to be in communication with our local partners and stand ready to take all appropriate measures. School Health Services is closely monitoring all developments and is in communication with public health officials.
Our campus custodial staff will also continue to disinfect campuses each day with hospital grade products to help offset the spread of communicable illnesses, but it takes all of us to ensure healthy school environments. As a reminder, we are still in the midst of cold and flu season, and it’s important for families to take preventative measures to safeguard themselves from the spread of communicable diseases.
For more information: Dallas County Health & Human Services Website
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
As everyone prepares for Spring Break, we want to make you aware of a free program offered by the U.S. Department of State. The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a service that allows U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
How does STEP work?
- Provide your personal, contact, and itinerary information
- STEP will identify the closest U.S. Embassy to your desitnation
- Provide at least one complete address and/or phone number where the U.S. Embassy can reach you while traveling abroad in the case of an emergency
- Review current travel information for your destination
What are the benefits of enrolling in STEP?
- Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans
- Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency
- Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency