Do you have the “Best Slap Your Mama Because My Gumbo is so Good” recipe? If so, this competition is for you! Dr. Granger believes he has the winning recipe and is daring anyone to challenge him!
When: Friday, February 21, 2020
Where: Lancaster High School Cafeteria
Judging Time: 1 pm to 3 pm
Prep Time if Using Our Culinary Facility: 8 am to 12 pm (additional details below)
·$25 Competition Fee
·Plus $10 Culinary Facility Fee if you choose to use our facilities to prep and cook any part of your gumbo and fixings. Culinary Facility will be available for your use from 8 am to 12 pm. We have limited stations, so first come, first served. (Please note, you may bring your gumbo and fixings already prepared to avoid the $10 Culinary Facility Fee. If you desire to use the Culinary Facilities to prepare, cook, heat, cool, or warm your dishes, this fee is applicable).
·Fees are CASH ONLY and should be paid to Chef Latina Dawn in Room B176 at Lancaster High School by the deadline listed below.
Team Size: Minimum of 1 person, maximum of 4 people
Deadline to Enter: Friday, February 14, 2020, by 3:15 pm
What You Need for Competition—all contestants are responsible for these:
· ALL INGREDIENTS for your gumbo recipe and rice
· 55 Samples of your gumbo served over rice in 2-ounce serving portions.
· Heating dish(es) to Keep your gumbo and rice warm
· BRAGGING RIGHTS for having the BEST GUMBO in Lancaster ISD
· 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards and prizes
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE:
· tablecloths, 2 oz. sample cups, napkins, utensils, serving ladles, garlic bread, drinks—sweet tea or Kool-Aid and water, beverage cups, ice for drinks
· prizes – more details coming!