In order to separate from Lancaster ISD, you must submit a letter of resignation/retirement to your principal or supervisor. Be sure to include the effective date of your resignation/retirement, reason for separation, along with your signature and the current date. You are also required to enter your separation request in the Employee Service Center. By entering your separation request in the Employee Service Center, you will have the opportunity to complete the Exit Survey. Your input is important to us and the information you provide will be used to improve our district.
If you are also retiring through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), please contact them directly. You can access their website via http://www.trs.state.tx.us or call 1-800-223-8778. Note: Your separation from the district is processed through Lancaster ISD, but your retirement is processed through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS). Questions related to retirement benefits cannot be addressed by Lancaster ISD personnel.
Additional Information to Consider
- While it is not a requirement, some resigning employees wish to request a refund of the TRS member contributions. In order to request a refund, you should download the TRS 6 Form. The form must be notarized and mailed to the TRS address provided on the form.
- If you are retiring through TRS, you will receive a Notice of Final Deposit Before Retirement. This is also referred to as the TRS 7 Form. It will be sent directly to you from TRS in your retirement information. Submit the TRS 7 form to the Lancaster ISD payroll office. Payroll Office personnel will complete the TRS 7 Form the month you receive your final paycheck from Lancaster ISD. If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Payroll Office at (972) 218-1400.
- If you have any questions regarding insurance coverage (including COBRA) or any other voluntary deductions, contact the Lancaster ISD Benefits Office at (972) 218-1447.
- To request your district service records, complete the online Service Record Request Form. Service records will be provided 30 days after the date of the request or 30 days from the last day of employment.
While you are still employed with Lancaster ISD, you will have access to:
- Employee Service Center - You may view your personal information, employment records, and payroll information. After your last day of employment with the district, most of this information will still be accessible by creating a new login. Create your new login at the Employee Service Center login page by clicking on the blue "register".
- Eduphoria - Any professional development transcripts or certificates can be printed. You are encouraged to complete this before your last day with the district.
We appreciate your service to the students of Lancaster ISD and wish you the best!