The Lancaster ISD School Board is proud to announce the Honor Board Scholarship.
This scholarship was created to assist Lancaster High School Alumni
who are current college students in need
of financial assistance to close the tuition gap.
Each Board Member will select an applicant to receive the award.
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATION DOCUMENTS:
Friday, October 6, 2017 by 4pm CST
RETURN ALL COMPLETED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO:
LISD Central Administration
c/o Creslond Fannin
422 S. Centre Avenue
Lancaster, TX 75146
- Applicant must be a second year college student who graduated from Lancaster High School in Lancaster, Texas.
- Applicant must be at least a B (3.0 or above cumulative) average student.
- Attend a two-year or four-year college or university.
- Any major
- Application submitted must attach a brief statement, which includes your college and career aspirations,
your school/community activities and your financial need.
- Application submitted must contain two letters of recommendation on official letterhead with contact information from teacher, counselor, sponsor or school affiliate with one that must come from a professor at the current university.
Recipient Requirements and Information:
- Scholarship recipient must show proof of enrollment for the current Fall semester and Spring semester subsequently
- Scholarship recipient must show proof of degree plan
- Scholarship recipient required to provide mid-semester grades (if applicable) and end of semester grades/transcript and courses
- Scholarship amount will be $1000 for each zoning area
- Funds will be mailed to the respective college/university financial aid office for student’s account. Funds deposited 30 days before each semester pending meeting requirements as outlined
- Goal is for recipient to earn a bachelor degree